In an attempt to give myself a mental break from law school and the 4 terrible finals looming over my head, I’ve been catching up on some of my favorite blogs. One of my new favorites, Pace of Me, featured a 21 Pieces post on Monday. I loved reading it and decided to do my own. Here’s part one:
1. I am extremely emotional. I cry at the drop of a hat. The first time I watched Marley and Me I cried like someone ran over Prime and Brody. I once cried during the graduation episode of Laguna Beach. That was a low point. I cry when I’m sad/happy/mad/PMSing. It is what it is. I cry. Whatevs.
2. I am a compulsive shopper. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) for my bank account, I don’t discriminate. I love high end fashion and I love vintage. I would spend an entire paycheck on these (if I could fit my “athletic” calves into them), but I’d also spend it in Target. A lot of people think this is a problem, but I guess I’m still in the denial phase.
3. At the risk of sounding like a woman stuck in the 1950s (and not caring at all if I do), my biggest goal in life is to become a mother. I was babysitting before I could even drive. I struggle with feeling like I’m behind. As a kid I thought I’d be married with kids and a white picket fence by now, but I know it will happen in God’s time. And for now I just pretend that my nephews and cousins are my kids.
this is a really old picture but it’s my favorite one of them!
4. My favorite movie of all time is Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Before law school took control of my life, I would stay home on Friday nights to watch it with a glass of wine and a stack of magazines. I should totally bring that Friday night ritual back.
5. Speaking of movies/television, my cousin Kelly and I are the craziest Sex and the City fans you’ll ever meet. If someone listened to one of our conversations, there’s a 100% chance they’d hear one of us say, “like that time when Carrie….” One time my friend Janna quoted a Carrie line on twitter and I knew the name of the episode off the top of my head. That’s not normal. In case you were wondering who my SATC alter-ego is, I’m a Charlotte/Carrie hybrid.
6. When I was little my dad introduced me to Florence Griffith-Joyner. I can still remember staring at her long nails when she signed autographs. Maybe that was the day that the running seed was planted. It just took 20 years to grow! I know I’ll never be the next Flo Jo, but I can still make her proud.
7. The best weekend of my life was the second weekend of August 2008: the weekend my dad was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Practically everyone I know traveled to Canton, Ohio for a four day nonstop party. I have never been more proud to be his daughter or to be a member of my family. I can’t wait to take my great-grandkids there one day. I’ll make them replicate this picture:
8. I don’t believe in ever taking my shoes off at a party/wedding/social event. I see these girls on the dance floor barefoot and I cannot even fathom why anyone would do that. Like Carrie said “this is an outfit!” At my line sister’s wedding I did the entire “Move Your Body” dance in a pair of platform Louboutins in order to comply with this rule. If Bey can keep her shoes on, so can I.
9. I’m not really big on expensive jewelry unless it has a meaning behind it. I have plans to buy my future husband and I matching Cartier love bracelets as a wedding gift (is it normal to plan your wedding before you’re engaged?). I’ve always loved friendship bracelets/necklaces and the message of this bracelet is so special. Plus, he can take a wedding band off easily, but he’ll need a screwdriver to get this thing off! I just hope I can wait that long to buy myself one.
10. Since I don’t have any control over my dream of becoming a mother, I’ve started focusing on another dream of mine: to become an amazing cook and hostess. I basically want to be the next Gwyneth Paltrow. I’ve already started practicing on my friends and family and so far it’s been going well. I have a huge list of new recipes to try when finals are over and I cannot wait, but this week I’m going to make EatLiveRun’s Chicken Tortilla Soup again. Seriously. Just make it now.
Look out for Behind the Blogger pt.2 next week!