I’ve shared this recipe on Posh’s Black Book before, but I’d be a horrible blogger if I didn’t share it with my readers. I first found it last year when I was getting familiar in the kitchen and since then I’ve made it my own. I call them “my” famous shrimp tacos because my family has started requesting that I make it, especially the guacamole, and most of them thought I came up with it on my own. It is THE best. I love Mexican food, but it’s normally loaded with unhealthy ingredients and served in huge portions. This recipe allows me to eat my favorite food without feeling guilty. You can find the full recipe on Gwyneth Paltrow’s website here or by watching the video. See my personal adaptations below.
* “my” way:
– I use a red onion instead of white in the salsa and guacamole. I think it gives it a little more flavor and I like the color it adds.
– I also use Cholula hot sauce in the pico de gallo to give it an extra kick. I use Cholula Lime sometimes (in the salsa and as a topping in the tacos) since I use fresh lime juice in pretty much every other part of the recipe.
– I season the shrimp with Adobo seasoning and lime juice. It’s spicy and amazing. Also, if you live near a Wegmans, try buying their fully cooked, frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp. They’re a little expensive, but they make the process a lot faster and they’re really great.
– If I’m making the tacos for a large group of people, I cook the shrimp in a skillet instead of on the grill for time-saving purposes. It’s also a good idea if you tend to overcook the shrimp on the grill.
– I make rice (sometimes white, sometimes brown) with it as well. We use a rice cooker and before I turn it on I add a little salt, lime juice and cilantro. Just like Chipotle!
Let me know how you like it and if you make any of your own changes!